- Bitte beachten Sie, dass dieser Kurs nur online verfügbar sein wird. Alle Lehrveranstaltungen werden mit Zoom und Lernrnraum+ durchgeführt./Please note that this course will be online only. All lessons will be given using Zoom and Lernrnraum+.
(formerly known as "Get Fluent!")
A mixed-format/mixed-media class designed to help participants achieve greater fluency in English, with a particular focus on speaking and listening (rather than an emphasis on grammar and structure, although grammar reviews are offered).
By utilizing topical discussion and group work along with a rich assortment of media resources (i.e. podcasts, Internet video and audio) as a starting point, participants will learn and practise a variety of interactive oral formats as well as increase their lexical competence in English.
VERY IMPORTANT:' Please note that there are three different sections of this class (blue, red, and green). Each section is the same style theme-based survey class that focuses on fluency, however each section has different material. As a result, there is no order in which the 3 sections need to be taken. The only restriction is that each section can only be attended once. What is important is that you do not sign up for a class you have already attended.
Topics discussed in class include:
• Home and Identity
• Crime and Ethics
• Technology and Innovation
• Sexuality, Gender, and Otherness
• Drugs, Alcohol, and Addiction
• Charity and Social Welfare
• Success, Money, and Power
• Fantasy and Escapism
• Nationalism and Globalization
• Intercultural Communication
(Topics are subject to change and variation.)