(formerly known as "Get Fluent!")
A mixed-format/mixed-media class designed to help participants achieve greater fluency in English, with a particular focus on speaking and listening (rather than an emphasis on grammar and structure, although grammar reviews are offered).
This course will cover all of the important English skills: reading, writing, speaking, and listening. Students will watch various videos and read various texts and engage with various other media, with weekly writing and speaking assignments.
1. English & Accents
2. Listening to music / music preferences
3. Culture and the Individual ("Dos and don'ts of Germany", comparing Germany to other cultures, etc)
4. But is it Polite (bad words week)
5. Weather and Climate (extreme weather experiences)
6. Culture Studies of Business (business cultures / science of cultural differences)
7. American Politics
8. Exotic & Unusual Sports
9. Strange and Wonderful Eating (food around the world)
10. Funny True & Funny Joke Stories
11. Tell a Personal (Exaggerated) Story
12. Negotiation - Opinions, Discussion
VERY IMPORTANT:' Please note that there are three different sections of this class (blue, red, and green). Each section is the same style theme-based survey class that focuses on fluency, however each section has different material. As a result, there is no order in which the 3 sections need to be taken. The only restriction is that each section can only be attended once. What is important is that you do not sign up for a class you have already attended.