Prof. Dr. Norbert Sewald
Bioorganic Chemistry and Chemical Biology
Department of Chemistry
- 6.11.1961 born in München
- 1981-1988 Studies of Chemistry at Technische Universität München
- 1988-1991 PhD, TU München with Prof. Dr. Klaus Burger
- 1991-1992 Postdoctoral Fellow with Prof. Sir J. E. Baldwin, Dyson Perrins Laboratory, Oxford University, funded by EU, SCIENCE-Programme
- 09/1998 Habilitation, Universität Leipzig
- since 1.9.1999 Full Professor, Bielefeld University, Chair of Organic and Bioorganic Chemistry (Chemical Biology)
- 2001-2003 Founding Co-ordinator of the International Graduate School of Chemistry and Biochemistry, Bielefeld University
- 2003-2006 Vice-Rector for Research, Bielefeld University
- 2006-2008 Vice-Dean, Department of Chemistry, Bielefeld University
- 2006-2008 Founding Chairman of the Institute of Biochemistry and Bioengineering, Center for Biotechnology (CeBiTec), Bielefeld University
- since 2007 Scientific Secretary of the Max-Bergmann-Kreis
- 2008-2011 Dean, Department of Chemistry, Bielefeld University
- since 2011 Chairman of the Max-Bergmann Kreis
- Member of the Scientific Advisory Board, Leibniz Institute of Plant Biochemistry, Halle/Saale
- Member of the Technical Committee 09 (Chemistry) of ASIIN (Accreditation Agency for Study Programs in Engineering, Informatics, Natural Sciences and Mathematics)
- Associate Editor of "Beilstein Journal of Organic Chemistry"
- Member of the Advisory Board of "Journal of Peptide Science"
- Associate Editor of the journal "Amino Acids"
- Associate Editor of "Journal of Amino Acids"
- Member of the Editorial Board of "Pharmaceutical Patent Analyst"
- Member of the Review Board "Biological Chemistry and Food Chemistry" of Deutsche Forschungsgemeinschaft