We will use a variety of writing exercises each week as well as various homework exercises that will develop our skills in:
- analyzing texts for content and meaning
- extracting the important information
- organizing and structuring the information
- writing analyses and summaries organized and structured in style of standard English academic writing.
The final focus of the course will be 2 major writing projects: a short story analysis and an article summary which compares two sides of a topic.
Teilnahmevoraussetzungen, notwendige Vorkenntnisse
One of the following - either 1, 2 or 3:
1) Successful completion of B1 English Writing or a B2-rated course
2) A B2+ score on the C-Test at the Language Center - for dates please see http://www.uni-bielefeld.de
3) Permission of the instructor - can be arranged at the first class or with an email request to the instructor.