Visual representation of complex data reveals the motifs and patterns, which cannot be easily understood by basic statistical approaches. However, in case of the analysis of real data, the phenomenon of interest usually involves many parameters and a researcher needs many different plots to visualize the different aspects of analysis results. In addition, current paradigm of visualization is based on displaying static images on a 2D surface. It might be a computer screen, a wall, a piece of paper, or any kind of material that provides a support for the image.
(1) D. Skau. Why D3.js is So Great for Data Visualization | Visually Blog. (Online). Available: http://blog.visual.ly/why-d3-js-is-so-great-for-data-visualization. (Accessed: 17-Sep-2014).
(2) M. Bostock. D3.js - Data-Driven Documents. (Online). Available: http://d3js.org. (Accessed: 13-Sep-2014).
Topics: Introduction to Web Technologies
- HTML and CSS Crash Course
- Introduction to Visualization Approaches
- Getting Started with D3
- Basic Charts with D3
- Complex Graphics with D3
- Project: Visualizing Given Data
First Meeting: Monday, 22th September, 10 c.t.
Schedule: 10 - 12, 14 - 16 (all week, 22th to 26th September)
Seminar zum neuen Modul: Interdisziplinäre ZellVisualisierung für Naturwissenschaftliche Informatik, Bioinformatik und Genomforschung, Molekulare Biotechnologie, Medienwissenschaften, Medieninformatik und Gestaltung
Zur Modulbeschreibung ...