Advanced Academic Writing (AAW) is designed as the finishing module element in PM3 and is targeted at students who started their studies in 2017 (FsB SoSe 2017). The block seminar will offer a hands-on writing workshop, offering you the chance to
- develop your individual PM3 writing projects
- discuss the writing process/outcome with peers and the lecturer
- re-work your paper's outline/structure
- re-phrase or re-scale your thesis statement(s)
- practice coherence and cohesion in building arguments and writing the overall paper and, ideally,
- to write your module paper (or a major part of it) by the end of the workshop.
Practical tips and complementary writing tools incorporated in the seminar are meant to assist you with your individual writing projects for a PM3 module paper in literary and cultural studies (NOT linguistics).
An introductory session will take place on April 22, 2021 (14:00 - 16:00) during which we will talk about the objectives of the seminar, the workload, and the nature of the working relationship you need to develop with both the lecturer with whom you are writing the module paper and the AAW instructor.