Lehrbeauftragter WS 19/20
2007-2010: Ph.D. at Damascus University, Syria
2003-2007: Master in Sociology at Damascus University, Syria
2001-2003: Postgraduate Diploma in Sociology at Damascus University, Syria
1996-2001: Studies of Sociology at Aleppo University, Syria
01-09-2018 – present: Researcher in the project “Exploring Conflicts among Unaccompanied Young Male Refugees in Germany: A Comparative Analysis in Different Accommodation Settings”, funded by VolkswagenStiftung. http://www.unibielefeld.de/(de)/ikg/projekte/refugees.html
15-01-2017 – 01-09-2017: Participation in the project: “The violence related norms, attitudes and beliefs of young men in high-risk urban neighborhoods”.
01-09-2014: Lifetime appointment in Al-Furat University (Syria), as Lecturer in Political Sociology.
10-01-2014: Lecturer at Damascus University - College of Education – Faculty of Education.
2004-2014: Social Counselor in Damascus Directorate of Education.
Fellowships and Consultancies
- From 2013 to 2016: Fellow of the Canadian Institute for Middle East Studies in Canada.
- From 2014 to 2016, I participated as an international expert from Syria in a global project (variety of democracy) Gothenburg University, Sweden.
2019: Analysing Global Order, Leuphana University Lüneburg, Germany
2014: Research methods in the social sciences, Damascus University, Syria
Lectures and Conference Participations
- 21-02-2019 to 22-02-2019 Center for Interdisciplinary Research, Bielefeld University: 4th FlüGe Symposium: Interdisciplinary Perspectives on Refugee Migration and Health.
- 13-02-2019 Aristotle University, Thessaloniki, Greece: “2nd BRiDGE training: Career Development and Social Integration for Refugee Researchers”.
- 16-12-2018. Conference at Bielefeld university “BRiDGE and BRiDGE II projects: Title of the presentation: “Aspects of Integration of Adult Refugees in Germany”.
- 04-12-2018 Public lecture at The Institut für Pädagogik und Schulpsychologie in Nürnberg with the title: “Junge Männer aus Syrien und Ihre Weltbilder-Herausforderungen für Deutsche Schulen“.
- 27-08-2018 to 29-08-2018 University of Duisburg Essen: SIG 13 and InZentIM Conference “Migration, Social Transformation, and Education for Democratic Citizenship”.
- From 15-09-2007 to 18-09-2007, I participated in the 17th forum held for Arab young Sociologists in Tunisia, with research entitled “the Social integration in Thawra City – Syria”.
- Al Ajlan, Ahmad. 2018 Quarrels between Young Refugees and Young Germans in Bautzen. How Has it Turned into Bad Treatment against Refugees and What Are the Effects?. Journal of Identity and Migration Studies 12(2): 111-132.
- Al Ajlan, Ahmad. 2018 Syrian economies: a temporary boom? Forced Migration Review, Oxford University. (58): 29.
- Al Ajlan, Ahmad. 2010 Ibn Khaldun: founder of a new social science. Arabian Heritage Magazine, Damascus.
- Al Ajlan, Ahmad. 2010 The State theory of Montesquieu. Eden University Magazine - the Republic of Yemen.
- Al Ajlan, Ahmad. 2009 The Structural Problems of the Arabic States and the shock of the globalization. Damascus University Magazine.
- Al Ajlan, Ahmad. 2009 Political Utilization of the Natural Environment effect on societies between Ibn Khaldun and Montesquieu, Rislan Publication House, Damascus.
- Al Ajlan, Ahmad. 2009 The theory of the state by Ibn Khaldun. Damascus University Magazine.