Call for PhD proposals
The Research Training Group "World Politics: The emergence of political arenas and modes of observation in world society" invites applications for ten doctoral positions and one postdoctoral position
Fixed-term, starting October 1, 2017, E13 TV-L. Bielefeld University
- The main task is to conduct research for a project with a topic connected to the research scope of the RTG
- Participation in theacademic programme of the RTG
- Participation in obligatory degree programme
We are looking for highly motivated researchers with doctoral and post-doctoral research projects that fit in the Research Training Group (RTG). The RTG invites original proposals from the fields of Political Science/International Relations, History, Sociology, and Legal Studies that contribute to its research programme.
An inter-disciplinary orientation of research projects is encouraged, particularly for the post-doctoral position. The RTG’s working language is English. Successful candidates are expected to complete their doctoral dissertations within three years (five years for the post-doctoral research project). The RTG offers an intensive research environment. In addition to employment, it offers limited support for organizing workshops, conference travel, and research stays abroad. There are also limited opportunities for some post-doc funding after completing the doctoral dissertation within three years.
- an academic degree (Master or equivalent) in Political Science, IR, History, Sociology or Legal Studies
- Postdoctoral position: Applicants should have completed their PhD with a topic connected to the research scope of the Research Training Group.
- an excellent command of English
Further information on application procedure can be found here.
Applications -in English- must be submitted online by 11 June 2017. Please mark your application with the identification code wiss17016.
Sabine Schäfer - email@example.com