Interdisciplinary Dialogue: What is Modernity?
On Wednesday, 17 January 2018, the next Interdisciplinary Dialogue takes place at the BGHS. The topic will be: What is Modernity? Interdisciplinary perspectives on a contested concept.
- Katsuo Nawa, Professor of Cultural Anthropology (University of Tokyo)
- Joanna Pfaff-Czarnecka, Professor of Social Anthropology (Faculty of Sociology)
- Thomas Welskopp, Professor of History of Modern Society (History Department)
- Sisay Dirirsa, BGHS Doctoral researcher (History Department)
- Edvaldo de Aguiar Portela Moita, BGHS Doctoral researcher (Faculty of Sociology)
- Chair: Éva Rozalia Hölzle, BGHS alumna and postdoc researcher (Faculty of Sociology)
The BGHS cordially invites all doctoral researchers, international guests, and all faculty of the Department of History and the Faculty of Sociology. The discussion will be in English.
For further information about the First Interdisciplinary Dialogue please see: