First Interdisciplinary Dialogue
On Wednesday, 12 july 2017, the new series of events called Interdisciplinary Dialogue takes place at the BGHS. The topic of the First Interdisciplinary Dialogue will be: Grappling with the Global: The Challenge of Boundaries in Interdisciplinary Perspective.
The title is related to this year's Annual Seminar to the topic Grappling with the Global: The Challenge of Boundaries in History and Sociology.
Professores from the Department of History and the Faculty of Sociology will discuss about »the Global« from a variety of interdisciplinary perspectives.
- Prof. Dr. Mathias Albert, Professor of Political Science
- Prof. Dr. Angelika Epple, Professor of History with particular focus on the History of 19th and 20th Century
- Prof. Alan Lessoff, PProfessor of History, Illinois State University, Guest Researcher at the BGHS in summer term 2017
- Prof. Dr. Joanna Pfaff-Czarnecka, Professor of Social Anthropology
- Prof. Dr. Eleonora Rohland, Assistant Professor for Entangled History in the Americas, 1600-1850
- Prof. Dr. Tobias Werron, Professor of Sociological Theory
- Chair: Prof. Dr. Ursula Mense-Petermann, Director of the BGHS
The BGHS cordially invites all doctoral researchers, international guests, and all faculty of the Department of History and the Faculty of Sociology. The discussion will be in English. Please register: email@example.com
For further information about the First Interdisciplinary Dialogue an the Annual Seminar 2017, please see: