Frau Dipl.-Psych. Friederike Sadowski: Kontakt
|1. Institut für interdisziplinäre Konflikt- und Gewaltforschung / Assoziierte Wissenschaftler|
- December 2011 to present
- Ph.D. Student at the Graduate School Group Focused Enmity, University of Bielefeld.
- Subject of the doctoral thesis On the relation of religious identity, anti-western prejudice and politics in the Middle East
- 2004-2010 Phillips- University of Marburg, Germany.
- Diploma in Psychology.
- Political Science (Major), Pre-Magister in 2007 on the topic Integration of Muslims in Germany and Islamic political theory.
- Peace and Conflict Studies (Minor), Graduation in 2011 with the topic The conflict of Sunnis and Shiites in Iraq after the second Gulf war.
- October- November 2012
- Field research in Cairo, Egypt. Conduction of a cognitive interview study for validating items of a future questionnaire and pre-test of a questionnaire on anti-western prejudice.
- Summer 2008 - Spring 2009
- Diploma thesis including questionnaire survey (n=218) conducted in Egypt on the topic The images of the U.S., the EU among Egyptian students: Analysing regional reactions on international political actions in the Middle East.
- July 2012
- Fellow of the International Society of Political Psychology Summer Academy (ISPP-SA), July 3rd - 5th, in Chicago, USA.
- March - July 2011
- 5 month stay in Cairo, Egypt focused on learning Arabic and deepening cultural knowledge and experience.
- August 2008 - May 2009
- 10 month research stay in Cairo, Egypt for my diploma thesis in social psychology''The images of the U.S., the EU among Egyptian students: Analysing regional reactions on international political actions in the Middle East''including a survey among Egyptian students (n=218).
Areas of reserach interest
- Religious identity with a special interest in Muslim religious identity
- Anti-western prejudice
- Relevance of religion in political processes in the Middle East
- Radicalization processes in terrorism and related fields with a focus on Islamic radicalization
- Social identity and intergroup processes
- July 2012
- Sadowski, Friederike & Wagner, Ulrich (2012). The images of the U.S. and the EU among Egyptians: Analyzing regional reactions on international political actions in the Middle East. Annual Conference of the International Society of Political Psychology, July 6th - 9th 2012, Chigaco, IL, USA.
- March 2012
- Sadowski, Friederike & Zick, Andreas (2012). On the relation of religious identity and prejudice against the West in Egypt in connection with the political relevance of religion. Central Colloquium of the Graduate School "Group focused enmity", March 29th - 30th 2012, Bielefeld, Germany.